Flying Geese for Laura!

Secret project finally revealed!!! It is so hard to keep a secret…

My brain went crazy trying to figure out in what direction I was going for Laura’s sewing machine cover. I changed my mind a few times and then dove in! I decided to make some flying geese. I hadn’t made them before so I went with the paper foundation technique to make sure there were perfect points!

I first made these strip pieces pulling as many fabrics I had that were favorites. Some Denyse Schmidt, Lizzy House, Anna Maria Horner, Joel Dewberry (Okay maybe that is one of mine) Architextures, and more.

IMG_20130814_162418

I then printed out this template to make the front or back well one side of the cover. I paired it with Robert Kaufman Linen in Putty. It took some time to do but was totally worth the effort! If you have this on your list you should try this pattern out. I think it would be awesome as a pillow!

_DP_9600

I decided make a box on the other side. I printed out this template but shrunk it down some. This was a little trickier than I had expected but it is so good to learn new things. I also decided to not do all the geese in the strips but add one in each direction.

(pardon the bubbly bottoms my machine is a little short…)

_DP_9601

The little left overs became a border. I ordered a new Denyse Schmidt Florence print for the binding. I wanted to go with something a little darker. I even snuck in a fussy cut from Memoirs of  “little” since Laura’s blog is called little and lots.  I thought it was kinda perfect!

_DP_9607

Thank you so much for swapping with me Laura, it was so lovely making something for such a talented lady! I hope this makes your “sewing space” a little happier.

6 comments:

Laura C @ littleandlots said...
September 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM

*teary eyes* *warm fuzzies* what a blessing this is, Samantha! I love this machine cover so. Would you believe it is the first "sewed" thing I've had that's not from a family member or myself?! You did so good.

Renee said...
September 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM

How cute! It turned out so pretty!

Barb said...
September 15, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Such a beautiful sewing machine cover. I love those flying geese.

Megan said...
September 16, 2013 at 2:27 AM

So pretty! Good job at the secret keeping! ;-)

taniab said...
September 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Love the flying geese.

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.