Ipad case with pocket

A while back I was watching my nephews for my sister in law. She had brought her new Ipad wrapped in magazines. I said to her you know I could make you a case…

We talked and she asked if it could be big enough to have a pocket to slip paper in to it. So I must say I was happy to see this tutorial  by Valerie for a tablet case appear on Ellison Lane Back To School free pattern series. Thanks ladies! It was perfect for my needs! Well my SILs…

_DP_9635

The size was awesome for an outside pocket! The paper fit perfectly! So she can slip her papers in there while meeting with clients in the midst of designing some fabulous architecture piece! She is one talented lady.

_DP_9634

I managed to use pieces and strips left over from her Science Fair quilt that I made for her and her husband for all the design and help they put into our house. The lining is a mix of random fabrics.

 _DP_9631

This is a great pattern. It took longer because of the piecing but it was totally worth it! If you are looking for a bigger pouch this is a nice sew!

linking to finish up friday over at crazy mom quilts

6 comments:

Valerie said...
September 27, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Samantha-you made my day! Thank you so much for your kind words on my pattern. I love the one you made and the outside pocket is genius! I know your sister-in-law will be so pleased you made this for her:)

Anonymous said...
September 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Great pouch......love the fabric too.

Laura C @ littleandlots said...
September 27, 2013 at 5:52 PM

So great! I like that it has a zipper, I think that's great for an electronics case. I love the fabric and I'm no architect :)

Lisa said...
September 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Gorgeous AND useful. Win/Win!!! I absolutely love Architextures.

Unknown said...
September 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM

What a great gift! I really like the simplicity and functionality of that pattern. And of course you can't go wrong with Architextures in my book!

Anonymous said...
September 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Cute!!! Love it

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.