Fabric Baskets

I recently joined a swap. My secret partner asked for a fabric basket I had never made one before so I made it my task to learn. At first I started little and made a small patchwork basket. I used Ayumi’s tutorial on her blog Pink Penguin. It was super quick and easy. My daughter fell in love with it right away, lol. It annoys me that I switched thread colors in the middle but oh well it will be used and loved anyways.

My second basket I used a tutorial on the sew4home website you can find it here. It was a little bit more finicky but I used some of the methods I learned from making the small one for sewing this one together.

 

Finally the most exciting part of this basket the basket weave braid star! It is paper pieced using this pattern here. I set my printer to print two of the templates on a page to shrink it down. I didn’t need a huge star. I loved making it and using my teeny tiny pieces of Simply Color.

If you haven't made a fabric basket you should. It is a great little sewing project! I can’t wait to gather up the rest of the stuff for my partner. I hope she will love the basket I send her!

Linking to finish up friday at crazy mom quilts

7 comments:

Laura C @ littleandlots said...
February 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Your basket weave star is incredible! I so need to make some fabric bucket/baskets to catch all the little toddler toys-ephemera-socks floating around here (that old plastic Halloween pumpkin is not so attractive). Thank you for the links, I will suck it up and buy the interfacing and get on it.

Glinda ♥ said...
February 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Lovely baskets, Samantha and the star is a stunner :)

Anonymous said...
February 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Just gorgeous!! I love them both but especially the 2nd one with the basket weave star. I definitely will try to make it. Thanks for sharing the link.

Dedra C said...
February 23, 2013 at 8:20 PM

that star is un.be.liev.able. I LOVE IT!!!

Julie said...
February 25, 2013 at 12:26 PM

You have done a fabulous job - I especially love the star one. More inspiration for my simply color fabric.

Nydia Kehnle said...
May 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Thank you so much for linking the tutorial for my basketweave block. Yours looks great! Thanks for sharing. nydia(@)add-crafter

Nydia Kehnle said...
May 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Thank you so much for linking the tutorial for my basketweave block. Yours looks great! Thanks for sharing. nydia(@)add-crafter

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.