Geeky Zig Zag Quilt

I made a Zig Zag quilt! It was a lot of work and I must say I was about to just give up at times but I did it! I wanted to make a quilt for my husband. I asked him what he wanted and he said a computer themed quilt would be great. So I hunted down some pac man, space invaders, circuit boards, computer keyboards, some geeks gone wild print, and some blue prints then started cutting!

He loves it and I am glad it is finally done. I backed it with some left over yardage. And quilted it in navy cotton 1/4 away from the seams. It measures at approx. 50” by 75” Oh and I have to mention that I was shown some love by a quilt fairy who donated me some batting :) Thanks!!!!!

And it finally took a break from raining today so we were able to go outside and take a picture!

SDP-20121016-14

SDP-20121016-10  

SDP-20121016-15

And I have to share a picture of my crazies making some mud soup or something…

SDP-20121016-04

Linking: Thank Goodness it is Friday Finish at Echinops and Aster and crazy mom quilts.

 

8 comments:

JORDAN said...
October 16, 2012 at 10:04 PM

That is so imcredible! Your quilts are amazing! What a great skill to have. You must be a patient woman!!!

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...
October 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Dropped by from TGIFF!. Great quilt - love the colours and fabrics and your quilting. Good to meet you :)

Glinda ♥ said...
October 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Great quilt, Samantha - every time I see another fabby zig-zag quilt, I want to add it to my 'To Do' list and yours is no exception - beautiful photos too, loving those pink coats :)

MaterialGirlQuilts said...
October 19, 2012 at 1:48 PM

This is so cute. Love your fabric choices.
Amanda

Heather said...
October 19, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Wow, I really Love this! I'm glad you didn't give up because it was well worth it!! Now, I want to make a zig zag quilt!!!

Allison said...
October 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM

excellent man-quilt :) how lovely of the quilt fairy to bring you batting :)

Shontelle said...
October 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Wow! Great photos! Your little ones are so cute.

Alison V. said...
October 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM

That quilt is great! And your little mud chefs are pretty cute too. :)

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.