Rosette Needle Book

I was so excited when I finally got my hexa go-go book at the end of August. I have to say I love almost all the projects in this beautiful book by Tasha Bruecher. I am wanting to make the quilt on the cover. It is so beautiful. She does an awesome job on teaching you different methods and how to do the paper piecing. I am glad I bought this book it is a perfect addition to my craft book library!

Since I am new to paper piecing I decided to start off small and make the needle book. Since the hexagons are only 1/2 inch in each side I was only needing 1 1/2 inch squares which means I was able to use some of the little scraps of my beloved Lila Tueller Santorini. The binding was fabric I bought when I was a teenager, lol. The instructions were straight forward and easy to follow. I like that there is a pocket in the inside if you need to travel with some thread and teeny scissors. The only thing I changed was I did a hand crochet loop for the button loop in gold. I love the vintage button I found in the button box too :) I can’t wait to find the perfect fabrics to embark on my hexy quilt. Trust me if you buy this book you will love it!

SDP-20120926-18SDP-20120926-19

Linking up to this awesome blog hop at Craft Buds.

Craft Book Month at Craft Buds

2 comments:

Mina said...
September 27, 2012 at 7:10 AM

so cute! I cant imagine working with teeny hexies.

Lindsay Conner said...
October 3, 2012 at 3:31 PM

So cute! I've been wondering about this book... haven't picked up a copy yet, but it will probably make my Christmas list. ;)

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.