Tree Skirt

This year I made my Christmas tree a skirt. I saw a ruffled tree skirt on Pinterest and thought that it was lovely. I had some fabric at home that I could use already so this is what I came up with:

SDP-20111228-1

I cut a four inch strips and then sewed them all together. I then used that rolled hem foot and hemmed the never ending strip. Afterwards I used my Mom’s vintage ruffler foot and gathered all of it. After the strip was all hemmed and gathered I pinned and cut it to fit the tree skirt base I had cut out. Sewed it all together. Made some binding to sew on the edges and top leaving a long tie to be able to close it. Took forever but I love it!

(Sorry for the bare tree I almost forgot to take a picture of it!)

2 comments:

iamannamarie said...
January 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

looks awesome good work

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.