I have been itchy to try a dresden plate. I actually want to make big ones but I have been wooed by so many cute small ones that I had to just give it a try plus there was a free template over on Craftsy found here.
I decided to use some reproduction prints that Paula so kindly gave to me when I was in a bind for a swap. They are so sweet and there was even enough variety there to make a rainbow! That just makes us all happy! I just started cutting and sewing then I realized it was waaay past my bedtime, Oops.
I stitched this sweet thing on some Kona ash. Then went searching for a circle to trace to make the center. I used some Architexture crosshatch. (I have to say that I will sad when that print is all gone. Eek! It almost is…) After I was done the Dresden plate I really didn’t know what to do with it. After some suggestions from lovely people I decided to make a pouch. I used a text print. I think it gives it a little edge, lol.
I threw in some green for the lining and a turquoise zip. I will admit that since I was not using a pattern or tutorial for the pouch and didn’t have the steps right in front of me I completely forgot to topstitch the zip. Luckily topstitching went fairly smoothly after it was all sewn together. This pouch measures approx. 6.5” by 9.5”.
Oh and I also practiced a little hand quilting! I hope that this sweet pouch will be loved by the receiver. I have to say that I do love sewing projects for others! Trying new patterns to me and learning new skills too!