Lorelei is my horse loving little girl. So when I came across this purple and pink pony print by Michael Miller I knew I had to make her something with it. Then I started collecting a few other prints from the Michael Miller western line and a few paisley prints from my local fabric store. I spent hours on the internet trying to find a pattern that would feature this wonderful print and not cut up the ponies into heads, tails and legs…lol. At first I thought I was going to make this quilt called fit for a princess from sew, mama, sew by Katy of I’m a ginger monkey but then I explored Katy’s blog and came across her tutorial section and a pattern called Tie Me Up. So in the end I kept the dimensions of the fit for a princess quilt but changed it up to be like the tie me up quilt. It fits her current bed perfectly and when she doesn’t want it on her bed anymore it will be a perfect picnic or snuggle on the couch quilt!
She was beyond thrilled to be able to finally sleep with her blanket!
We went outside and got a picture of it not all tucked in. On the back it is the purple paisley print. It is approx. 60” by 75”
I think I will now admit that I am addicted to quilting. I can’t wait to learn something new and start my next project!