For my nephew’s birthday I made him a magnet fishing game. I had seen a picture of something similar on the internet and tried to find instructions but there seemed to not be any. After some experimenting this is what came to be:
I found a fish shape here. Cut seven fish out from scraps I had in my fabric bin. Then sewed around the body leaving the mouth area open, I just used a small zig-zag stitch. I left the edges unfinished. I then stuffed the bottom then added the magnet at the opening. I then finished sewing around the edges and then sewed a seam on the other side of the magnet so it wouldn’t fall into the body of the fish. For the pole I just used some more scraps and made a line with a hook on the end. At first I only put one magnet in the hook but it was too weak so I then redid it and put two in. I have to thank my father in law for drilling a hole in the dowel for me. As a finishing touch I made a draw string bag so the fish could have a home.
Callum’s Mom said that he loves them and plays with them. I will have to make another set one day for Lorelei! They were a fun project!