Idea Pouches plus Mini swap

I made a couple Idea Pouches by Michelle Patterns as extras in the two swap packages I mailed out this past month. I love this pattern! I need to make a couple more up for my girls and fill them with goodies for our road trip to Calgary which is a good 10 hour drive. The first one the pattern is printed at 100% you can either fit a Ipad or a notebook inside. Since I was making it for a four year old I chose a sketch pad! As you can see there was plenty of room for stickers and such as well.

14551760615_ca07058dee_k

The second one I made with the pattern printed at 75%. I was able to find a smaller notepad and some neon pens to put inside for my partner. It can also fit a mini Ipad at this size. I chose to use a hair tie as a closure here instead of the two buttons and ribbon. I totally recommend this pattern. It is a great sew and I think a handy thing for a student or child or a creator on the go!

14571869543_732e3d813e_k

I decided to make the Ribbon Star block  tutorial from Freshly Pieced for the Schnitzel and Boo mini quilt swap. She requested Tula Pink among other designers but i decided to go with fun. Tula is fun. I was so lucky that an IG friend sent me a scrap of raccoons and the top dot print. It really made everything fall into place. I really loved making this mini. It finished at 12”.

14365081450_8a9b752d34_k

I was so glad she loved it. I was a little worried but I think we are always nervous sending out swap items!

linking to finish up friday at crazy mom quilts

8 comments:

Sarah @ mila+cuatro said...
July 12, 2014 at 12:20 AM

the mini looks fantastic, that fussy cut raccoon is perfect.

inchworming said...
July 12, 2014 at 3:11 AM

I like your choice of fabric choices on these projects!

Francine said...
July 12, 2014 at 6:04 AM

The color combo is so striking & rich! Love this mini and I'm glad your partner was happy! :)

Renee said...
July 12, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Those are all such nice, thoughtful gifts! I'm so amazed at all the awesome minis in that swap, I wish I'd had time to be a part of it!

DeborahGun said...
August 6, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Nice to see you catching up on your blog :-) The Tula mini is so fun - and the ideas pouches look like great gifts for little friends.

Helen said...
March 9, 2017 at 4:15 AM

The little pouches are so cute! Love the deer fabric!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.