#yarnstitchswap

I joined a swap on IG a few weeks ago where the idea of the swap was that you sew something and then you get something knitted or crocheted in return. My partner gave me a list of things she wanted so I picked one and went with it. I picked the Noodlehead Divided Basket pattern. I knew she likes colorful fabrics so I figured that the lovely fat eighth bundle of Mor Mor and Sylvia I had sitting would be a lovely choice for her. I didn’t just want to make a plain baskets that would be too boring. I cut out 2” triangles and I have to say I love the results. I embellished the pocket…

12991045225_63acd7b0d4_b

…and then on the other side I put a strip of triangles going down it.

 12991215343_b69058c02e_b

I ordered some DearStella scissors from Patterncrush for the lining and some Essex dyed linen in black from Westwood Acres. When the linen arrived in the mail I knew it was meant to be. I have to say my basket is jealous of the time and effort I put into this one ;)

12991049895_502a8abd8e_b

Jealous or not I love my basket. I keep it just behind my sewing machine the current things I am working on have seemed to gather in there.

12991041815_6bd7068aea_b

10 comments:

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...
March 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Absolutely gorgeous! Well done!

Alisa said...
March 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM

It's a beautiful basket! Nice work.

Renee said...
March 7, 2014 at 4:02 PM

It turned out so cute!! Great details and fabrics.

Poppyprint said...
March 7, 2014 at 10:25 PM

It's just stunning!!! What did you use for interfacing?

DeborahGun said...
March 7, 2014 at 11:49 PM

it is gorgeous :-) I am curious too what you used for interfacing and whether it is a straightforward pattern?

Julie said...
March 8, 2014 at 10:52 AM

I know I commented on Flickr, but this is one beautiful basket. Well done and lucky partner.

Heather D. said...
March 10, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Really nicely done Samantha!

Martha said...
March 10, 2014 at 10:11 AM

It s a beautiful basket. Your partner will be very happy to receive such a lovely basket.

carla said...
March 11, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Hi!!!! Just dropping in for a visit!!!! I had seen your little fox awhile back and thought he was so adorable!!!! I hope to use your tutorial some day!!!!! I seem to have a lot I would like to make!!!!! He is way up there!!!!! I just have a lot of life to do and some commitments that come up!!!!! I just wanted to let you know you really do always make life prettier!!!! Thank You

Amy DeCesare said...
April 15, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Just had to comment on this adorable basket! I've made many from this pattern, but never dressed them up like this, with the patchwork. This is just the ultimate!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.