Secret project finally revealed!!! It is so hard to keep a secret…
My brain went crazy trying to figure out in what direction I was going for Laura’s sewing machine cover. I changed my mind a few times and then dove in! I decided to make some flying geese. I hadn’t made them before so I went with the paper foundation technique to make sure there were perfect points!
I first made these strip pieces pulling as many fabrics I had that were favorites. Some Denyse Schmidt, Lizzy House, Anna Maria Horner, Joel Dewberry (Okay maybe that is one of mine) Architextures, and more.
I then printed out this template to make the front or back well one side of the cover. I paired it with Robert Kaufman Linen in Putty. It took some time to do but was totally worth the effort! If you have this on your list you should try this pattern out. I think it would be awesome as a pillow!
I decided make a box on the other side. I printed out this template but shrunk it down some. This was a little trickier than I had expected but it is so good to learn new things. I also decided to not do all the geese in the strips but add one in each direction.
(pardon the bubbly bottoms my machine is a little short…)
The little left overs became a border. I ordered a new Denyse Schmidt Florence print for the binding. I wanted to go with something a little darker. I even snuck in a fussy cut from Memoirs of “little” since Laura’s blog is called little and lots. I thought it was kinda perfect!
Thank you so much for swapping with me Laura, it was so lovely making something for such a talented lady! I hope this makes your “sewing space” a little happier.