Mug Rugs

I finally made some mug rugs and now I want one for myself!

SDP-20121212-18

The first one I make a simple chevron pattern out of some three inch binding scraps just because I couldn’t bear seeing those little beautiful Lilly Belle triangles thrown in the garbage. (It was from my sisters first quilt she made a few weeks ago. It was three inch binding if you are wondering) It was fun so I decided to make another!

SDP-20121212-20

This one I decided to try something new! I tried paper foundation piecing. I simplified the pattern a bit and I am so proud of my little birdy! I used this pattern found here.

SDP-20121212-19

I also decided to try sewing the binding by machine this time around. It went well and I was glad not to have to hand sew these little projects.

Linking to Finish it up Friday at crazy mom quilts

5 comments:

Gemini Jen NZ said...
December 15, 2012 at 3:22 AM

That can be one of the hard things about crafting - not wanting to give it away! Good excuse to make more though!

Beth said...
December 15, 2012 at 4:44 AM

Those are wonderful! I love the little bird!

Susana Neiger said...
December 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Adorable! Great mug rugs - beautiful work!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...
December 20, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Cute mug rugs....now make one for yourself!

Leave a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog! Your comments make my day :)

Back to Home Back to Top Making Life Prettier. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.